Broccoli Miso and Pistachio Soup
- 3-4 small heads of broccoli organic
- olive oil
- 2 leeks only the white part
- 1 large white onion
- 1 carrot peeled
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 10 radishes cut in half
- home made veggie broth no salt
- salt and pepper
- ginger fresh or dried
- tumeric fresh or dry
- miso paste
- 50 g Kelyfos Pistachio Paste
- Divide the broccoli into florets and keep the stalks as well.. remove the skin and chop them up.
- In a big pot we add some olive oil, the leeks cut in pieces, the onion and carrot also cut in 8 pieces.
- Heat the veggies gently. We do not want to brown them.
- Add the garlic, broccoli and cook them lightly as well.
- Add the radishes last.
- Add the broth, a bit of salt as miso is quite salty, a lot of pepper, tumeric and ginger and boil in low heat till the veggies are soft.
- Pass the soup through a blender or a stick blender and let it cool down a bit before we add the pistachio paste and miso.
- Miso is live as it has a lot of probiotc bacteria. We do not want to boil it… just heat it up gently.
- Good idea to disolve it is first with some hot water with the pistachio paste to make a paste of it and disolve the paste in the soup. As about how much miso well it is a matter of taste and a matter of the type of miso you have…so you will have to improvise…
- But sure give it a try and be careful of instructions.