Easy mushroom soup with pistachio spread
An easy and comforting mushroom soup recipe made with mushroom, rice and pistachio spread
- 750 g various mushrooms cut in small cubes
- 1 onion chopped
- 300 g green onion sliced thinly
- 100 g soup rice
- 100 g silverbeatleaves cut roughly
- 1500 ml vegetable broth
- 100 g Kelyfos Pistachio paste (crunchy)
- 2 lemons just the juice
- salt & pepper
- fresh dill chopped finely
- Place a deep pot on medium heat and when it heats up saute the mushrooms in two batches till they are golden with a bit of olive oil.
- Remove the mushrooms from the pan, add a bit more olive oil and add the diced onion.
- Saute it for a few minutes and then add the fresh onions, the rice, silverbeet leaves and saute for a few more minutes till the greens get wilted.
- Add the broth and let the soup simmer on low heat for 30 minutes.
- In a bowl, we mix the Kelyfos spread with the lemon juice and we add a few ladles of the soup and mix them well with the spread and lemon juice.
- Off heat we add the bowl contents back to the pot and mix till combined.
- Season with salt and pepper, taste, add the dill and serve.