Pistachio Cookies with olive oil and thyme
Delicious cookies full of premium pistachios' flavor
- 40 g Pistachio nuts
- 280 g Flour all purpose
- 1/2 tbsp Thyme leaves fresh
- 1/2 tbsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tbsp Salt
- 60 g Butter room temperature
- 150 g Plain sugar
- 30 g Confectioners sugar
- 110 g Olive oil
- 1 Medium egg
- 1 tbsp Vanilla extract
For the frosting
- 50 g Kelyfos Pistachio spread
- 3-4 tbsp Lemon juice
- 180 g Confectioners sugar
- 40 g Pistachios ground
- 1/2 tbsp Thyme leaves fresh, chopped finelly
- Place 5 first ingredients to a food procesor and pulse tillpistachios are ground and everything is mised. Keep aside.
- Place butter in a stand mixer and mix on medium for 3 minutes with the paddleatachment. Add the sugars and mix for another 3 minutes on low.
- Add olive oil and scrape the sides of the bowl with a spatula.
- Incorporate the olive oil by mixing for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the egg and vanila. Mix.
- Add the flour mixture and just mix for a few seconds tillis all combined.
- Remove the dough, flatten it and wrap it in cling film,placing it in the fridge for a night.
- Next day preheat the oven at 170 celsious fan forced.
- Layer two baking dishes with parchment paper.
- With the help of some flour and a rolling pin slowly turnhalf of the dough in a disc with a 5-6 mm thickness. Will be hard as dough is crumbly.. but you will make it.
- Cut 5 cm diameter cookies and place them on the pan using aspatula.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Leave them to cool on a rack.
- Continue with the rest of the dough.
The scraps of dough you freeze them and turn thm into cookies as well. For the frosting you mix all the ingredients apart from pistachios and thyme. Spread a bit of the frosting on each cookie with a spatula and scatter some of the pistachios and thyme.